Friday 17 June 2011

[SUITED UP] ACCIDENTALLY ON PURPOSE


Tailored blazer and suit pants, Mango shirt, Zara knit v-neck (I have 50 of them. Jokes), Clarks leather low-heel flats, bracelets from Asos and Manly Crafts market




I know that real business attire should be colour matching, but at uni I allow myself to mix up my blazers and bottoms sometimes. I'm quite fond of wearing grey and navy - both are classic formal attire colours but look much hipper and "younger" than black, and worn together they magically go with shirts or tops of literally any colour. Trust me, I've already tried: yellow, green, black, white, beige, baby blue, red, hot pink, baby pink, pale turquoise (just trying to think of the colours of all the tops I've worn to uni)... you name it. Don't have anything purple but my imagination says ok as well.

It's gotten colder here in Sydney (ha-ha, the Northern Hemisphere says), so my collection of v-necks has finally come into use this year. Again, the shirt/v-neck combo is such a cool classic and I have no idea why it didn't come to my mind last winter; I was only going to work for my internship and not to school, but I could've gone out in that and jeans, which I can't stop doing now. The baby blue shirt (as already worn here) and purple-ishy bordeaux v-neck I was wearing today gave my mismatched suit a bit of a retro feel, without looking like I had a million colours on.

College is fricken busy this term (something I keep saying every term, but this time it's fo real), so I have to get my act together and start getting ready for the battle this weekend. That's what I keep saying every term too...

Happy weekend loves x

*Thanks Phong for taking the photos :)


No comments:

Post a Comment