Sunday 5 February 2012

[BAREFOOT] FAST FIVE - THINGS TO DO BEFORE COLLEGE STARTS

One more week to go until college starts again (*blank face*). Until then...

1- Shadowed by a Roadside - Simon Hewson Photography Exhibition
A UK photographer captures the beauty of forgotten towns in rural New South Wales. (at Gaffa Gallery, 281 Clarence Street, Sydney, until 7th of February 2012; more info here)





2- Rafael Lozano-Hemmer: Recorders
An interactive exhibition that invites visitors to participate in creating its digital artwork. (at the Museum of Contemporary Art, Sydney, until 12th of February 2012; more info here)





3- Australian Open of Surfing 2012
I have to admit I don't really know anything about surfing (or any other sports; I just refuse to do any), but I'm definitely excited that beautiful Manly is hosting the first Surf Open, which means for me heaps of stuff to watch, be amazed with and take photos of. A week of surf, skate and music, pretty much right at my doorstep. (on the North Steyne side of Manly beach, from 11th until 19th of February 2012; more info here)





4- Bar crawl with the girl friend
Did a bar crawl once before with the boyfriend; I made it through the night with a straight face, but my stomach didn't take it so well. This weekend before the new term: second attempt, this time with Tamara, and we'll keep the water coming in between venues. On our list for now: the new Star City for a sugar hit at Adriano Zumbo's dessert train before the ride and Black Bar; Stitch; Grandma's; Love Tilly Devine; Victoria Room; Pocket Bar; Shady Pines; Zeta Bar, and Small Bar. Changes may be made at no further notice. I kinda have a feeling the list could only shorten rather than anything else.


5- Going to the beach as often as possible
Pretty self-explanatory.



That will hopefully be the fun side of this coming week; other than that I have work, gotta do some laundry, see relatives, go to Vinnies and Salvos, and do a bit of tidying. Wanna get a bit into baking as well before I get lazier during the term.

Wishing you a happy week x

No comments:

Post a Comment